Designing Future Society for Our Lives
Considering today's global challenges such as economic inequality and social acceptance of breakthrough technologies, our theme will call on each and every individual to think about their own aspirations and empower them to realise their full potential.
This will push forward the worldwide effort to create a shared vision of a sustainable society that embraces all such aspirations.
The theme will be realised and highlighted through two interconnected subthemes.
- -How to Lead a Healthy Life in a Diverse Manner
- -Sustainable Socioeconomic Systems
Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai focuses on our “lives” in 3 areas.
- Birth, nutrition and vaccination
- Sanitation and protection against infection
- Lifestyle ( diet and exercise )
- Extending healthy life spans
- Work and continuous learning
- Giving back to communities
- Communities: families, companies, friends and local and global communities
- Stakeholders: governments, corporations, NGOs, financial firms and students
EXPO for SDGs
The world faces a number of social issues.
The United Nations set the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to address poverty, famine, health problems, and welfare, among other pressing issues.
What we need is a laboratory for gathering the knowledge of the world, and solving these issues through trial and error. EXPO 2025 OSAKA aims to be this laboratory.
-The United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals
SDGｓ Solutions by Japanese Companies
The KEY is SOCIETY 5.0
Society 5.0 is Japan's vision for the next stage of human societal development after the four major stages; 1) hunter-gather, 2) agricultural, 3) industrial, and 4) information.
This initiative looks to tackle various global issues in areas including health, agriculture, and environment, by utilising technological breakthroughs such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Big Data, Biotechnology, and others.